Hey there 👋 my name is Ryan C. Collins! Thank you for visiting my website to learn more about me.
Computer: 16” Macbook Pro
- M1 Max - 10 core CPU, 32 core GPU, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Chair: Autonomous Ergo Chair
Desk: Autonomous Smart Desk
Mouse: Logitech Vertical Mouse
Microphone: Blue Yeti
Camera: Depstech 1080p Webcam
Monitors: Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q 27” 4k monitor
- TypeScript - Anyone who says TypeScript adds too much overhead is wrong. Can’t imagine building complex web applications without it.
- React JS - Still one of the best Front End frameworks
- Web Components - I’m a fan of lean web apps and web components have come a long way. My take, React isn’t right for everything.
- GraphQL - GraphQL adds type safety to your APIs and provides a best-in-class developer experience. I’m a big fan. When GraphQL isn’t right, my fallback is React Query.
- Serverless - I’m a big proponent of using serverless technologies to build back ends. Infrastructure management is hard and I prefer to build on the shoulder’s of giants.
- Docker & Kubernetes - Containerized applications and deployment orchestration for when serverless isn’t enough (i.e. multi-tenant cloud solutions).
- VSCode - Many have tried to convince me otherwise, but I still always come back to VSCode as my editor of choice.
- Hyper - Highly customizable web technology based terminal. Big fan!
- Github Copilot - AI auto completion for the editor.
- Homebrew - Package installation management.
- FireFox - My main browser these days, along with Brave Browser. Chrome is creepy.
- Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Tensorflow, etc.
- Jupyter Notebook - An amazing tool to tell stories with data.
- TradingView - Technical analysis, charting, watch lists
- Koyfin - Market overview & data
- Finviz - Stock screener
- The Retirement Tracker - Shout out to my buddy Alan Souza, great investing tool for tracking your whole portfolio and competing with your friends to reach early retirement!
When I’m not working or investing, you can find me enjoying the outdoors: hiking, cycling & kayaking, spending time with my amazing friends and family and playing my guitar on my back porch.
I love cooking and baking of all sorts. Some of my favorites are homemade pizza in a wood burning oven and homemade sourdough bread. Also, checkout the Paella we made last year in Sonoma!
I’ve been playing guitar most of my life and I’ve never been very good, but I still love it!
What kind of music do I play you ask? Guitar for me is not an intellectual pursuit, it is about enjoyment and meditation. I play whatever I feel like in the moment, usually songs that I’ve learned or jams. For a while, finger-style was my main thing, but I’ve been branching into blues and rock on the electric lately.
I am a minimalist when it comes to most things, but especially with guitars. I have one acoustic and one electric plus a small practice amp.